This week we discover together with Laruffa Food, the recipe for a main course with fish of great effect: risotto with Scampi and Licorice. A delicate and very elegant dish, made even more refined with the addition of Licorice Powder.
Try making this simple recipe that will ensure you an exceptional result. The ideal main course for a romantic candlelit dinner.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 gr of prawns
- 350 grams of rice
- 1 sprig of celery
- 1 onion
- 1 cherry tomato
- 4 carrots (one for the fumet and 3 for the cream)
- 1 Licorice Root
- Salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Amarelli Licorice Powder
- To make this delicious dish, start by cleaning the prawns: remove the head and shells, leaving 4 whole.
- Put in a saucepan the onion, celery, parsley, the cherry tomato, a carrot and a piece of Licorice Root.
- Add the heads of the prawns and the shells. Add some water to obtain a broth. Bring to a boil while removing the foam on the surface. Let it cook for about twenty minutes. At the end, filter the liquid and set the broth aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the carrot cream: cut them into thin discs and sauté them in a pan with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper and a little water. When cooked, put them in the blender with a scant tablespoon of Licorice Powder, than set aside.
- Take a pan and toast the rice for a few moments then pour in the broth and cook for the indicated time. A few minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the prawns and cook with the carrot cream and a teaspoon of Licorice Powder. Mix fast.
- Serve the rice with a whole prawn and a sprinkle of Licorice Powder.
Enjoy your meal!