Here then is the Pandoro Magico di Natale: a Pandoro stuffed with delicious Mascarpone Cream and Licorice Glaze and embellished with a light shower of gold leaves. This year your Christmas cake will be a delicious work of art.
The blogger Laruffa reveals the recipe for a delicious and absolutely original dish: the perfect dessert for your Christmas Eve menu or Christmas lunch. So let’s prepare this delicious and … shining dessert together. There is no doubt: this time you will leave the whole family speechless!
- 2 very fresh and possibly organic eggs
- 4 heaping tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 250 g of mascarpone
- half a glass of rum
- 180 gr of powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of Licorice Powder
- Dark Chocolate Bonbons
- Edible gold leaf
- Divide the yolks from the whites and whisk the yolks with the sugar until they are white and fluffy
- Add the mascarpone, the rum and mix the mixture.
- In another bowl, whip the whites until stiff and then gently incorporate them into the mascarpone cream with a spatula, mixing from bottom to top trying not to dismantle the egg white.
- Once the cream is homogeneous and smooth, cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the freezer for ten minutes.
- Prepare the icing and with the help of an electric whisk, beat the egg white with the icing sugar and licorice powder until the icing reaches a good consistency and above all becomes completely uniform in color.
- Cut the pandoro into horizontal slices and spread the mascarpone cream between one layer and the other in abundance.
- Leave some Mascarpone Cream aside for the final decoration.
- Arrange the pandoro slices in a staggered way so as to form a star.
- Drain the licorice icing from above – starting from the center – trying to make the first layer of the pandoro homogeneous and trying to cover the entire external surface.
- Decorate the tips as desired with Mascarpone Cream.
- Complete the decoration with some chocolate Bon Bon and a few tufts of gold leaf.
- Keep the stuffed pandoro in the refrigerator for at least 4/5 hours and take it out about twenty minutes before consuming it.
Now that it’s ready you can bring your wonderful holiday dessert to the table …and leave your guests speechless!
Buy your Licorice Powder !