A recipe from your summer menu: the Greedy Liquorice Cream with soft whipped cream and biscuit crumble.
An incredibly good and super simple dessert. Perfect for a sweet ending to a dinner with friends. The Food Blogger and Food Artist Laruffa reveals her secret recipe for a mouth-watering cream!
- 500 g of whole milk
- 100 g of sugar
- 70 g of corn starch
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of Licorice Powder
- 200 gr Whipped cream
- 300 gr Shortcrust biscuits (use homemade biscuits)
- Leave a glass bowl to cool in the freezer.
- Pour the milk into a pan with the zest of half a lemon (only the yellow part)
- Turn on the heat and bring it to a boil stirring occasionally.
- In another pan pour the egg yolks, sugar, liquorice powder and corn starch. Using a soft whisk, mix to obtain a creamy and smooth consistency.
- As soon as the milk comes to a boil, transfer it inside the egg yolks 3 times, filtering it with a strainer and always mixing with a whisk.
- Transfer back to the heat and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Take the bowl from the freezer and pour the cream inside.
- Mix very quickly with a whisk, until you have brought the cream to about 50 °, below the cooking point, until you get a shiny and smooth cream.
- At this point the cream will be ready and you can use it for your delicious cup.
Greedy cup preparation:
The doses are sufficient to obtain about 6 glasses of Greedy cream, but they can vary according to the size and shape of your glasses… and of course according to how greedy your guests are. I filled them to the brim!
- Chop the biscuits with a little butter and place a first layer in the cup.
- Make the cream and let it cool.
- Whip the cream.
- Fill the glass with a layer of biscuits, a layer of greedy cream, then one of cream and one of biscuits, continue until you almost reach the brim, finishing with the last layer of biscuits.
- Put it in the freezer for 30 minutes if you need to serve it immediately, otherwise put it in the fridge for an hour.
- Just before serving, add a few tufts of cream and a sprinkle of Liquorice Powder.
Good Greedy Cup to all!