Between trick and treat we certainly choose the trick!
Here is the very simple recipe to make some cute Halloween licorice cookies in the spookiest shapes at home … even without molds, working the mixture when it is still cold and using a smooth blade knife.
A very quick and perfect recipe to make together with your children. A few steps and your scary cookies will be ready and scary and they will be terrifyingly delicious!
- About 200 gr flour 0
- 100 gr butter
- 100 gr sugar
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 3 tablespoons of Amarelli Licorice Powder
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- colored sugar paste
- In a bowl, sift the flour, sugar, Licorice Powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter in a bain-marie and when it has cooled add the sifted mixture, egg and milk.
- Work everything and when you have obtained a soft moldable dough, wrap it in cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for thirty minutes / an hour.
- After the necessary time, with a rolling pin roll out the dough on a surface and start making your ghostly shapes: pumpkins, men, bats, fingers … free your imagination!
- If you don’t have the molds, you can make your own nightmare shapes by engraving the dough with a sharp knife with a smooth blade. If the dough is cold, the cut will be easier and more precise. You can help yourself by first drawing the shapes on the paper and then tracing the outline on the spread out dough, with the knife.
- To decorate the cookies, use colored sugar paste.
- Arrange the Licorice Halloween cookies on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake them at 180 degrees for 10/15 minutes.
- Wait for the cooking and good Halloween night everyone!