Here is the perfect solution to recycle the leftover Easter Colomba, but also to offer your guests an original dessert at the end of the Easter lunch. Through this delicious recipe by Francesca Laruffa, the traditional Easter cake is transformed into a delicious spoon dessert with the addition of dark chocolate and licorice flakes. A result that will leave you speechless. Awesome!
Ingredients for 6 cups of 100g
- Mascarpone 350 g
- 1 tablespoon of Amarelli Licorice Powder
- Colomba 160 g
- Orange marmalade
- 20g of rum
- Orange juice 100 g
- Zest of 1 orange
- Eggs 3
- Grated dark chocolate 30 g
- Sugar 60 g
- We slice the dove and with a bowl of pasta cut it in order to obtain discs.
- We arrange the discs of dove on a dripping pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them for 10 minutes at 160 °, in order to toast them, turning them halfway through cooking.
- In the meantime, let’s prepare the cream: separate the yolks from the whites, whip the reds together with the sugar and the Amarelli Licorice Powder.
- Once you have a frothy mixture, add the mascarpone a little at a time with the whisk still running.
- Add the grated orange zest and mix lightly with a spatula.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then add them to the mascarpone mixture, stirring gently, from bottom to top so as not to dismantle the cream.
- We squeeze the orange, then pour the juice into a container passed through a sieve.
- Collect the juice in a small bowl, pour the rum and mix well.
- Grate the chocolate and keep it aside.
- Let’s now move on to the composition of the dessert, take cups with a diameter of about 8 cm and pour a thin layer of cream with a pastry bag.
- We place the dove disc in the cup.
- With a spoon we soak the dove layer with the juice of orange juice, cover with a thin layer of jam and repeat the layer of cream.
- We sprinkle with dark chocolate flakes.
- We repeat the same operation again alternating the disc of colomba soaked with the orange syrup, the jam and the cream.
- We finish with the grated chocolate flakes.
- We keep the bowls in the refrigerator for at least an hour so that the dove tiramisu is compact before serving!