Let’s prepare together the Apple and Licorice Jam, a special jam in which the sweet-sour taste of Apples blends with the aromatic and intense notes of Licorice to create a unique and delicious combination, the perfect remedy for coughs and sore throats. To prepare it we follow the recipe of Francesca Laruffa, who for this purpose recommends using red apples, in particular the Red Love, which in addition to giving a beautiful color to the jam, are rich in antioxidants.
Suitable for adults and children and ideal for both breakfast and a snack. Thanks to its creaminess, the Apple and Licorice Jam is perfect for flavoring ice cream, yogurt and panne cotte, but also for filling baked desserts or to accompany creamy cheeses.
- 1 kg of apples
- 500 g of muscovado or white sugar
- lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of Licorice Powder
- half a stick of cinnamon
- 1/2 glass of water
- After having peeled and cut the apples into small pieces, put them in a large pan adding the rest of the ingredients, namely sugar, lemon juice, water and a little fresh grated cinnamon.
- Mix everything, mixing well and put it on the flame over a high flame for 45 minutes.
- When cooked, add a scant table spoon of Licorice Powder, stirring often so as not to stick.
- Three jars will suffice for the quantities of this compote. After pouring boiling water our apple preserve, close them energetically and turn them upside down. We wait for them to cool completely and create the vacuum. Then we will boil them for about twenty minutes in a pot of water: in this way our jam will keep for about two years.